Cavitation along interfaces
Low Interfacial Toughness (LIT) Materials
The Durable Repellent Engineered Advanced Materials (DREAM) Laboratory
The DREAM Lab tackles challenges in sustainability, energy, and engineering through materials innovation. Key material technologies include:
- Ice repellent surfaces
- Perfluorocarbon free oil repellency
- Anti-biofouling coatings
- Superhydrophobic, superomniphobic and omniphobic surfaces
- Drag-reducing coatings
- Fiber composites
- Coatings for additive manufacturing
- Bio-based and environmentally friendly textile modification
- Adhesion and interfacial mechanics
- Sensors and smart materials
Our recent study on Low Interfacial Toughness (LIT) materials is published in Science!
Behrooz's work on rendering any surface omniphobic is published and selected for a journal Cover Photo in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces!